When we were first informed that we were going in to a nationwide lockdown to combat COVID-19 and we would all be working from home, I was nervous. It made me think about whether I would be able to complete my work load effectively away from the office, or not.
Although we have had to overcome a few hurdles and change the way we reach our cliental to 100% online – I soon realised here at Harcourts Otago we are fortunate to have a robust IT system across our six offices which allows our entire team to work remotely. Communication has been the most important tool we have had to work on within the team, making sure to cc everyone in to all emails and scheduling regular zoom meetings, which have been very enjoyable and a good way for the team to catch up professionally and socially.
Here are some tips I have found useful while working from home for the past 3 weeks:
- Designate a specific workspace
- Establish a morning routine
- Set expectations with your boss
- Schedule your day
- Block out break times (and stick to them)
- Stay connected with your work mates remotely
- Exercise every day – Get outside for some sunshine and fresh air
- Unplug at the end of the day
-Written by Harcourts Wanaka Office Administrator